- September 25, 2017
When you’re facing a 4 am start, followed by an eight hour flight and a rapidly filing inbox awaiting your return, any sense of adventure can seem distant. But business travel, especially with a few extra days added to the start or end of the trip, is an opportunity to explore different cultures and learn about different ways of working. Business travel can – and should – be exhilarating.
With that in mind, we’ve picked out nine travel quotes to inspire even the most travel weary business traveller. Before you pack that suitcase, have a read and remind yourself of the opportunity you have ahead!
1. “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it’s lethal.” (Paulo Coelho)
What’s worse than an early start for a transatlantic business flight? The same schedule day-in, day-out, five days a week.
2. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, to gain all while you give, to roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live.” (Hans Christian Andersen)
No matter how you get there or which mode of transport you’ll use while away on business, you’ll be living – not just working.
3. “Travel is like a giant blank canvas, and the painting on the canvas is only limited by one’s imagination.” (Ross Morley)
Business travel is all about opportunity, but it’ll only arise if you make it happen. The world is, literally, your oyster, once you step foot outside the office.
4. “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” (Miriam Beard)
Business travel isn’t just about commercial endeavours – you’ll learn more about life through other cultures and by seeing the rapidly changing face of the world.
5. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.” (Anais Nin)
If you work for a living, you’re already travelling, but you’re probably doing so without moving. Business travel is about putting remote faces to names and seeing the whites of people’s eyes.
6. “We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment.” (Hilaire Belloc)
Business is full of distractions and wandering employees intent on procrastination. Leave your desk to visit a foreign customer or partner, and you’ll be as far from a wanderer as it’s possible to be.
7. “I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like the people or hate them than to travel with them.” (Mark Twain)
There are few better ways to truly get to know a colleague than to share a flight and hotel with them.
8. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” (Gustave Flaubert)
We’re all rather insignificant. To remain humble in business, everyone should travel.
9. “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” (John Steinbeck)
Business travel is a learning experience for everyone, no matter their pay grade or position within the company tree.
Ready to book your next business trip? Before you head off on your next venture, have a read of just one or two of the quotes above and put your best foot forward. Remember; this trip could be life-changing.